I'm Not Dead Yet...!

Something really freaky happened on Wednesday, I thought I would share. Victor and I were working in my cube on a PL/SQL problem. We had been working on the white board etc. for about a half hour. As Victor got up to return to his cube he looked over to the cube next to mine (Bob's cube). He motioned for me to look and I stood up (we have low internal walls in our cube colony) and looked. Bob was slumped over in his chair (not in a voluntary way) with his headphones on and his eyes closed, he was not moving.

After a moment of exchanging "WTH do we do" expressions with Victor. I finally quietly said "Bob?".

Nothing.

A little louder "Bob are you ok?"

Nothing. (I am starting to freak out now)

"BOB!"

Still Nothing. (Victor is freaking out too)

Victor reaches in (with great trepidation I might add) and gently shakes Bob's chair. Bob opens his eyes (THANK GOD!) and says in the most serene voice "Sorry guys, I didn't get any sleep last night." I was all adrenaline jagged out at that point, he could have slept all day, I didn't care as long as he was ok.

Turns out he was fine, just a bit tired. Whew!!!

0 comments:

About me