Bad Travel Karma

Today's trip did not start off well. I thought I had shaken off my bad travel karma, but I was wrong. It was simply waiting for me to look the other way then BAM! Right in the kisser.

The trouble started in security, I am on a three day trip to visit a client and I cannot afford to be without clothes so I went carry-on. Evidentily I have terrorist hair because my hair gel did not make it past security. I was assured that no matter how small the container might be, it was not "travel-size". That's fine I can get more hair gel. Wear it in good health guys!

So I get over my encounter with security and I figure I had better get something to eat. Now before I get started let me give you this piece of advice. If anyone offers you a "breakfast calzone" run the hell away! Don't walk, don't think about it (It is a calzone, but filled with breakfast goodness?), no run away.

Now I, being the epicurean equivilant of a crash test dummy, went for the calzone. (It's hot, it's fast, it's italian, it's BREAKFAST!) So I take my calzone to the boarding area to have a quick bite before my plane leaves. The boarding area is about half empty so I pick a nice quiet seat kind of off by myself to "enjoy" my breakfast.

It turns out the calzone is made up almost nothing but tough overrbaked hard as cement bread. It is attrocious. I am sitting their gnawing on my very poorly chosen 400 year old fossil bonanza when my chair starts to move. The chair I had chosen to sit on was not bolted to the other chairs in the lounge. Oh no this chair was a loner! So just like a see saw my end goes down and the other side goes up. The next thing I know I am face down on the floor on top of my calzone with my laptop bag on my butt. I can only believe this probably made the calzone a little more chewable. My carry-on bag, which had my drink on it was now on the floor swimming in a lake of diet coke.

After stifling their laughter, several people helped me up. Oh, BTW I get to spend the next two hours on a jet with these people. Oh, yeah, I am thrilled about that! Needless to say, I skipped the calzone breakfast.

Whatever I did in a past life it must have been pretty bad...

1 comments:

wirenut 5:16 PM  

Hey Al:

Thanks for the breakfast advice.

About me